Books on Systems
These are some of my favorite books for developing an understanding of systems.
- Thinking in Systems, Donella Meadows, (2008), Chelsea Green Publishing. Recommended.
- Complexity: the emerging science at the edge of order and chaos. Mitchell Waldrop, (1993). Simon & Schuster.
- Sync: the emerging science of spontaneous order, Steven Stroganz, (2004). Hyperion.
- Linked: the new science of networks, Albert-Iaszlo Barabasi, (2002). Perseus Books Group.
- Chaos: making a new science, James Gleick, (2008). Penguin Books, revised edition.
- Seeing around corners, Jonathan Rauch. April, 2002. Atlantic Monthly, http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2002/04/seeing-around-corners/302471/
Books on Systemic Constellation Work
This list represents an essential selection of books commonly available for readers in English, and is a good place to start learning more about Systemic Constellation work. Check websites of publsihers Carl-Auer and Zeig, Tucker & Theisen (links below) for a more complete list.
- Love's Hidden Symmetry, Bert Hellinger, Hunter Beaumont, Gunthard Weber, (1998), Zeig, Tucker & Theisen, Inc. Recommended.
This is the "bible" of Family Constellation work and contains a detailed description of the principles underlying Bert Hellinger's work.
- Acknowledging What Is, Interviews of Bert Hellinger by Gabriele ten Hoevel, (1999). 162 pp. Zeig, Tucker & Co. Brief introduction to topics related to Hellinger's approach.
- Love's Own Truth, Bert Hellinger, (2001). Zeig, Tucker & Co. Excerpts from workshop. Excellent examples of Hellinger's working methods and basic principles.
- Messengers of Healing, (2005). Edited by Suzi Tucker and J. Edward Lynch. U.S. authors explore a variety of topics in the field. Two articles by Jane Peterson of the Human Systems Institute are included.
- Additional English titles are available from Zeig, Tucker & Theisen, Inc.
- THE KNOWING FIELD, was the Systemic Solutions Bulletin. Recommended. Annual journal in English. Contemporary reports from those doing the work, articles by Bert Hellinger and others. Since 2001. Editor, Barbara Morgan. Subscribe.
- Additional recent books by Bert Hellinger are available from Suzi Tucker
- Carl-Auer Verlag has a large number of books in English by various authors including Bert Hellinger, Bertold Ulsamer, Marianne Franke-Grischke, Ursula Franke, and others. Highly recommended.
- Touching Love, Vols. 1 & 2, Bert Hellinger. Carl-Auer-Systeme Verlag. Transcripts of workshops. Helpful if you have not seen the work and want to get an idea of what happens in workshops.
- The Ancestor Syndrome, Dr. Anne Ancelin Schuetzenberger, (1998). 202 pp. Routledge. Dr. Schuetzenberger's work looks at trans-generational patterns in family systems using geneo-sociograms. Case studies support Hellinger's assertions about trans-generational family patterns.
AMAZON.COM BOOK REVIEWS: If you come across a particularly acrimonious review of one of Bert Hellinger's books, please note that most practitioners of the work do not agree with the unsupported assertions made in these reviews. It is a free country and you as the reader must verify whether the claims made by book reviewers are valid or not. If you have questions about a particular book, please feel free to contact us at the Institute, or discuss the work and books in question with local practitioners in your area.
Videos with Jane Peterson, Ph.D.
- What is a Constellation? Jane's somatic viewpoint.
- What is the relationship between self-management in business organizations and systemic constellations?
- What is Somatic Imaging?
Videos with Bert Hellinger
- DVD's of Hellinger's workshops in Hong Kong and China, 2002-2004.
- DVD's of Hellinger's workshops in Taiwan
Netra Chou of Hellinger Taiwan
- Videos of Hellinger's workshop in Washington, DC, USA, 2002.
- Videos of Hellinger's workshop in Santa Barbara, 2003
JoAnna Chartrand-Benz of Essential Solutions
- Audio-tapes of Hunter Beaumont's lectures at Zist, 2003
- Videos produced by Johannes Neuhauser. Available through Zeig & Tucker:
Facilitated by Bert Hellinger and Hunter Beaumont
- Touching Love Series. London, 1997.
- Vol. 1. Adoption. Family constellations with two adoptive mothers and an adopted child. 90 minutes.
- Vol. 2. Honoring the Dead and Facing Death. Three family constellations dealing with grief and dying. 80 minutes.
- Vol. 3. Blind Love - Enlightened Love. Three family constellations transforming love. 75 minutes.
- Vol. 4. Grieving for Children. Solutions for four families who have lost a child. 70 minutes.
- Vol. 5. Coping with Survival. Daughter of holocaust survivors and adult survivor of childhood neurological trauma. 50 minutes.
- Vol. 6. Hidden Family Dynamics. Four family constellations resolving entanglements. 70 minutes.
- Holding Love Series. San Francisco, 1999. (Recommended. Excellent examples of facilitated Family Constellation work.)
- Vol. 1. Three constellations: suicidal tendencies, guilt instead of grief, hidden guilt. 105 minutes.
- Vol. 2. Four constellations: opening to grief to resolve trauma, honoring excluded family members, how grief heals, identification with former partners. 110 minutes.
- Vol. 3. Five constellations: looking at the dead, mental illness, allowing the dead to rest in peace, trusting life, completing the movement to Mother. 110 minutes.
- Healing Love Series. Washington DC, 1999.
- Vol. 1. Two constellations: mobilizing resources through love, the influence of the past. 2 hours, 7 minutes.
- Vol. 2. Four constellations: bond to former partner, serious illness, back pain and the need to bow, sleep apnea. 2 hours, 18 minutes.
- Vol. 3. Three constellations: commitment phobia, depression as protection, unacknowledged mentally retarded aunt. 2 hours, 14 minutes.
- Videos By Movement of the Soul Productions. Carl-Auer-Systeme Verlag
- Family Systems, Morphogenetic Fields and the Soul. Discussion with Rupert Sheldrake, Bert Hellinger and Hunter Beaumont., 75 minutes. London, 2000.
- Trusting the Soul, Selections Vol. 1. London, 2000. 95 minutes.
- Life and Death. Ottawa, Canada, 2000. Two constellations: murdered husband, abortion. 80 minutes.
- Reconciliations Series. New York, 2000.
- Vol. 1. Two constellations: bless me as your son, surrounded by death. 70 minutes.
- Vol. 2. Two constellations: father was in SS, surviving the holocaust. 90 minutes.
- Vol. 3. Two constellations: mother died in car accident, suicide. 70 minutes.
- Santiago Chile, 1999. Perpetradores y Victimas en Chile (Perpetrators and Victims in Chile). One constellation - tape is mostly in Spanish.
- Los Ordenes Ocultos En Lost Sistemas De Relaciones Humanas (Constellations in Organizations). With translation to English. 6 hours total.
- Vol. 1. Various constellations regarding organizational issues.
- Vol. 2. Mostly a duplication of Volume 1.
- Vol. 3. Various constellations regarding organizational issues and one family constellation.